Safety and control valves
An important part of a safe installation is functioning valves. To achieve and guarantee this requires knowledge of valves, with regard to use, function and installation. The course gives a good insight into how valves work and the importance of maintenance and installations of valves being carried out in the right way.
Who is the course aimed at?
The training is aimed at operating personnel, maintenance personnel and designers. In short, everyone who uses valves in production, performs maintenance work, newly installs or selects valves.
The course is conducted in collaboration with VIMAB and on their premises. Here there is access to well-equipped workshops where the theory covered can immediately be applied and exemplified in a good way. The course documentation contains an extensive general theory part about valves and their installation as well as methods for calculating capacity and pressure drop.
Efter kursen ska deltagaren kunna förstå och hantera olika säkerhetsventiler på ett korrekt och säkert sätt. Deltagaren ska kunna ta isär och renovera en ventil så att dess funktion är kvar efter renoveringen. Drift, installation, kontroll och framförallt säkerhet är grundläggande för innehållet.
Course length: Full day
The training provides an insight into regulations, criteria for valve and actuator selection, dimensioning in theory and practice as well as the various types incl. pros and cons of valves available. The training also covers what is required to have a well-functioning process and what is needed for requirement specifications regarding the selection of the valve. Below you can see the elements included in the training:
- Norms and authority requirements – CE/PED, ATEX, construction lengths
- Regulations and standards
- Liability – Manufacturer's and supplier's NL09
- Pressure concept, pressure stroke & pressure drop - Why does it occur and how do we avoid it?
- Dimensioning – When is it more or less important?
- Materials – Most common valve materials
- Function – Shutdown or regulation
- Installation, operation and safety - Disassembly and assembly. Maintenance/repair, test before re-installation
- Practical valve testing and control
- Environment and safety
- Criteria for valve selection
- HART, Profibus
- Blast ink
- Different methods of grinding
- Different methods for test
- Checkpoints during service
- The valve's parts in English and Swedish
- Extended reasoning about samples
- Measurements and play
- Proof printing
- Valve types – Manual, self-media controlled, pressure or temperature controlled. Pneumatic and electrically regulated valves. Pressure regulators, overflow, condensate drains, safety valves, etc.
- Positioner, 4 – 20 mA or 3 – 15 PSI
- Valve characteristics
- Shut-off valves – Design to function
- Shut-off valves in real life - How do you do it and why?
- Automation on/off – Actuators and solenoid valves
Education in handling valves
At VIMAB, we are happy to share our vast experience in valve service. We now offer qualified training and courses in the area. The starting point is that you should learn things that you have direct use of in your work. Theoretical and practical handling of valves, both manual and automated, is essential knowledge for increased safety and productivity.
Our training courses should give you knowledge that you have direct use for at work. Therefore, you and the other participants control the direction. Our course leaders have extensive industry experience, so take the opportunity to ask your specific questions to an expert. The course is a natural meeting place for people with similar tasks, which means that the exchange of knowledge between the course participants also becomes a natural and important element of the education.
Do you have questions about content and course opportunities? Do not hesitate to contact us!! We are happy to tell you more about all the possibilities available.
Registration for training courses